Wednesday, July 10, 2013

An early start

Today's blog will be short and sweet because I have too big a headache to try to concentrate long enough to put too much effort into it. Why am I so tired you ask? Because I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to be ready to leave at 6 for a doctor's appointment in El Paso at 7:30(the doctor has a lot of patients). I tried sleeping on the way, but for me, once I wake up I can't go to sleep no matter how hard I try.

When we got to the office, I was called into the back after about 10 minutes. The doctor talked to me about my options. What was this appointment about? Well, when I was almost 8 years old, I broke my radius and my ulna(basically my arm) very close to my wrist. For some reason my ulna didn't heal right. It healed at an angle, which doesn't allow my arm to fully rotate. I can only go half-way. So the doc told me that one of my options was surgery. He would have to break my bone again and cut out a wedge so that the bone would re-align with the joint. Then he would have to screw a plate onto my ulna so that it would heal in place. I was so happy when he told me that that the option was availible to me. Most doctors that I've been to haven't told me that I could get the surgery. I'm scheduled to have it August 6th in El Paso.

When we got to camp, we worked on Alice for a while and then on LilyPad. We practiced sewing and then came up with designs. Then was lunch. We had Korean food I think. It wasn't very appetizing, but food is food and I was starving. After lunch we worked on LilyPad and then NXT. Analyssa wasn't there for NXT, so I had to try to program the Segway Man. And guess what? It was impossible! The people who had made the program created their own blocks. So I couldn't program it. But at least I got to play with the machine gun!!

UPDATE: I forgot to do the prompt, so I'll do it now. My name means " most holy". When our mom picked our names, there was a vote, and luckily my name won out against the name Anel. I like my name and how it sounds. My middle name is Margarita, which means pearl. I got my middle name from my grandma. I like it, but whenever I tell people what it is, they laugh and pronounce it wrong and mock me. And my first name is always mispronounced. I've had people call me Adrianna, Arrianna(pronounced are-ee-ah-na), Audrianna, and I've had people spell my name those ways plus Ariana. And all those misspellings do not mean the same thing! It frustrates me. I like being called Ari, though. So you guys can address me by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment