Sunday, July 7, 2013

New things are good things

Today was the first official day of the residential camp! I was so happy =) Even though I've been to every high school camp this summer, I still enjoy attending them. I just love YWiC. Pardon my love.

Anyhways, today started out with me thinking it was a Monday until I saw the paper.  As soon as I saw that today was Sunday, I thought to myself, hmmmm....today feels like a Monday... And then I went about my morning. Since we live about 15 minutes away from NMSU, we decided to leave at 9:30 so as to arrive here at 9:45. When we got inside, we discovered that the other campers weren't there! They were still at McDonalds, eating breakfast. We walked around before sitting at our new seats. Finally, the other girls got there. Once they had all arrived, we went outside to do a game. A sentence was read, and if you agreed with it, you stepped into the circle. Once we finished the activity, we went inside and jumped right into the fascinating presentation on core concepts. I always forget what they are (surprise, is it not?) so I took notes this time! See, always thinking ahead ;)

After that, we made posters. I partnered up with my sister (of course) and we made an incredibly boring poster. We did our presentations and then lounged around, waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the food to come. And at last it came!!!! We rushed into the other room and got our food. It was amazing! When lunch was over, we played a running version of Jeopardy. Our team won!!!!! I was so happy, because the team I was on got second last time.

After Jeopardy, we went into the computer lab and got to work on AppInventor. I made a Quiz Me app and altered it so that it was a quiz about my favorite book: Divergent!!!! Then we got into groups for our app. Analyssa and I decided to do the unthinkable and split up!! GAASSSPPPP  I know right?! I partnered up with Jade and Analyssa partnered up with Sofia. We decided to make a personality test that showed you what animal you would be if you weren't human. Overall it was a very good day =)

And now for the prompt! My name is Arianna Margarita Martinez. I am a sophomore at Centennial High School. I am 15 years old. I was born on September 10, 1997. My twin sister Analyssa is 11 minutes older than me. I game 3 other older siblings, the oldest being 35 years old. That wasn't that important, but I felt that it needed to be said. I love the color electric blue, I love Italian and Mexican food, my favorite books are divergent by Veronica Roth and under the never sky by Veronica Rossi. My favorite bands are Jimmy Eat World and the Civil Wars. My favorite movie is Tangled. My favorite time of year is fall. I hate spiders, I hate dancing, and I hate needles. I think that's it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment